Event Registration & Cancellation
These policies apply to all Girl Scouts of Black Diamond Council events, camps, programs, meetings and trainings, whether they are held on Girl Scouts of Black Diamond properties, camps or at community locations.
- Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis. Names will be added to a waiting list for events once they are filled.
- If you need to make a reservation without a credit card (i.e. Black Diamond Dollars), please call or email Customer Care for assistance: 304-345-7722, or email@example.com.
- Events run rain or shine unless GSBDC determines that inclement weather would adversely affect a program. In those cases, participants will be notified of cancellation or rescheduling. If GSBDC cancels the event for weather or any other reason (such as not meeting capacity), participants will receive a complete refund using the same method by which payment was made.
- If a participant wishes to cancel, cancellation and refund requests must be made in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 3 weeks prior to the event. (If a refund is issued, a 10% administrative fee will be retained.)
- Refunds for family emergency or medical reasons will only be processed if notification is made before the event and is followed up within two weeks by a written refund request. Refunds won't be issued for no-shows.
- Adults staying overnight at Girl Scout events must be currently registered Girl Scout members and have an eligible background check on file.
- All adults attending programs and events, with the exception of family events (F), must be registered Girl Scout members.
- Siblings may only attend events designated for families (F) and they must register.
- Financial assistance is available to registered girl members of GSBDC for select events. If you would like to apply for financial assistance, please complete an event registration form and financial assistance request form. If approved you will be notified and your registration will be processed.
- Girls participating as individuals will be supervised by Girl Scout volunteers community partner staff and occasionally Girl Scout staff.