2014/2015 Volunteer Reappointment
Thank you so much for continuing to give your time and making the difference in the life of girls through volunteering for Girl Scouts. We thank you for taking the time to complete the necessary end-of-year paperwork. We understand thatt sometimes paperwork is overwhelming but it helps us to better serve you and the girls.
In 2011, Black Diamond introduced a new volunteer management system to promote quality leadership for girls. In 2012, as part of this new volunteer management system, we began a reappointment system for troop leaders. This year we have made changes to make this process quick and easy for our leaders.
All leaders/assistance leaders must complete the 2014-2015 reappointment process by June 16, 2014 to be considered for reappointment in the 2015 membership year. Those who complete the requirements by June 16th will be entered in a drawing for a $25 council shop gift card. (We will award one per region - four gift cards total).
Reappointment Criteria Checklist:
- Girl Scout membership registration is required of all volunteers who are directly responsible for meeting the girl to adult ratio, managing Girl Scout funds and/or products, have access to sensitive/confidential members information and/or are staying overnight with girls in the same space.
- A completed copy of the combined Reflecting on the Group/Troop Year & Troop Financial Report
- A matching troop bank statement may be submitted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Troop Product sale and Troop Cookie sale money owed to the council and/or troop must be at a zero balance due
- Signed agreement to fulfill the responsibilities of the volunteer position
- Volunteer Application every three years OR if any of your information has changed, annually
- Approved Criminal Background Check every three years (password: volunteer)
- Compliance with training policy as identified in your position description/agreement
- Satisfactory performance, when applicable
- Acceptance and support for the Girl Scout Promise and Girl Scout Law
Girl Scouts of Black Diamond Council requests this information from volunteers because of our dedication and commitment to the girls that we serve. The safety of the girls is of the utmost importance to our organization so we must take reasonable precautions when appointing adults who work directly with children. This information is confidential and for internal use only.
Where to send your Reappointment Items:
Mailing: Girl Scouts of Black Diamond
P.O. Box 507
Charleston, WV 25322