2013/2014 Volunteer Reappointment
In 2011, Black Diamond introduced a new volunteer management system to promote quality leadership for girls. In 2012, as part of this new volunteer management system, we began a reappointment system for troop leaders. After weaving leaders through the reappointment system, we saw a 91% com-pliancy rate. Those who did not comply did not receive a reappointment notification.
This year, we are extending the reappointment system to various other volunteer positions. The following volunteer positions will be worked in to the reappointment system in 2013/2014:
Reappointment Criteria Checklist:
- Girl Scout membership registration is required of all volunteers who are directly responsible for meeting the girl to adult ratio, managing Girl Scout funds and/or products, have access to sensitive/confidential members information and/or are staying overnight with girls in the same space.
- Girl Scout volunteers will not receive any new materials until membership requirements are met. This includes, but is not limited to: Girl Scout volunteer packets, product sales order cards, confidential girl member information and/or access to online troop management, access to online event and training registration, etc.
- A completed copy of the Reflecting on the Group/Troop Year report for Girl Scout leaders and/or co-leaders of the troop pathway.
- A completed Troop/Group Financial Report AND matching bank statement for leaders and/or co-leaders of the troop pathway.
- Volunteer self-evaluation - available for all positions
- Volunteers who complete the survey will be entered into a drawing for a $25 Girl Scout shop gift certificate!
- Troop Product sale and Troop Cookie sale money owed to the council and/or troop must be at a zero balance due
- Signed agreement to fulfill the responsibilities of the volunteer position
- Volunteer Application every three years OR if any of your information has changed, annually
- Approved Criminal Background Check every three years (password: volunteer)
- Compliance with training policy as identified in your position description/agreement
- Satisfactory performance, when applicable
- Acceptance and support for the Girl Scout Promise and Girl Scout Law
Girl Scouts of Black Diamond Council requests this information from volunteers because of our dedication and commitment to the girls that we serve. The safety of the girls is of the utmost importance to our organization so we must take reasonable precautions when appointing adults who work directly with children. This information is confidential and for internal use only.