Make a Difference... In a Girl’s Life
Thank you for your interest in becoming a Girl Scout volunteer. Girl Scouts of Black Diamond serves nearly 20,000 girls from 61 counties in Maryland, Ohio, Virginia and West Virginia. Only through voluntary leadership of over 3,500 adults are we able to reach so many girls.
Many volunteer opportunities are available to you in Girl Scouting, such as sharing a skill, leading troops, developing Council-wide programs, training adults, public speaking, advocacy, and serving on regional Girl Scout committees. Short-term, long-term, seasonal and one time volunteer positions are available. We welcome the opportunity to discuss these options with you.
The success of Girl Scouting relies on careful selection and placement of volunteers. In order to ensure the selection and placement of capable and qualified leadership, Girl Scouts of Black Diamond utilizes an application process. This process includes:
1. Girl Scouts of the USA Membership - see volunteer policies and procedures
2. Volunteer Application & Background Check
- After completing the application you will be automatically redirected to the background check website to complete the form and pay for your background check. If you require financial assistance for the background check, after you complete the application, use the link below to fill out a financial assistance request.
Note: Intellicorp, our background check provider, like many other websites, is experiencing compatibility issues with Internet Explorer Version 11. The recommended fix is using Internet Explorer Version 9. Also, the Mozilla Firefox browser is fully compatible.
*If you have already done an application and only need to complete a background check, please contact Tiffany Bailey at firstname.lastname@example.org for the link.
- Option 2: Financial Assistance - You must complete an application in order fo financial assistance to be approved.
3. Signed Volunteer Job Description
- may not be available for all positions
4. Basic Trainings
- Review our training page to complete the trainings for new volunteers.
As mentioned above, some volunteer positions (see volunteer policies for outlines information) are required to complete a criminal background check. All information is confidential. Although this process may seem time consuming and perhaps even unnecessary, we seek to protect girls and volunteers alike. We cannot appoint volunteers until this process is complete, and your cooperation is appreciated.
Girl Scouting serves girls from all backgrounds, races, religions and abilities. Through your involvement as a Girl Scout volunteer, you will provide girls the opportunity to develop their self-esteem and confidence, learn new skills, become successful leaders, and have fun! Caring adults like you make a place where girls develop courage, confidence and character, to make the world a better place.
For questions during the process, please contact us at email@example.com
or read the FAQ