Friends of Girl Scouts
Friends of Girl Scouts Campaign
Friends of Girl Scouts (formerly known as Friendship Circle/Family Partnership) is an adult giving campaign, driven by family and friends, that funds critical components of the Girl Scout program.
GSBDC relies heavily on donations from individuals, local United Ways, corporations, foundations and friends to support programs that encourage girls to Discover (understand themselves and their values); Connect (care about, inspire and team with others); and to Take Action (act to make the world a better place).
We offer these programs without asking girls, or their parents, to pay the full cost of Girl Scouting. As you may know, the annual $12 membership fee that families pay each year, goes directly to Girl Scouts of the USA (GSUSA). None of those fees are retained by GSBDC. However, our council subsidizes every girl’s experience by approximately $220 per girl each year. As you can imagine, with nearly 20,000 girls, those costs add up! That’s why it is imperative that we raise additional funds to support the Girl Scout Leadership Experience.
Donors can feel good knowing that their 100% tax deductible gift will support local girls by providing services such as:
- Girl Opportunity – a fund to assist girls in financial need who’s families cannot afford to pay for the Girl Scouting experience
- Adult & Girl Training - subsidizes the cost of essential training to keep our programs relevant and safe for girls
- Property Maintenance – to keep our camps and properties safe and accessible for all girls
- Programs & Activities – for nearly 20,000 girls; the majority of which are subsidized by the council
- Background Checks – an added safety component to protect our girls
- Website maintenance and various printed publications: O.N.E., Connecting Pathways, annual report, event fliers, training materials, etc.
If you can answer “YES
” to any of the questions below, YOU have benefited from the Friends of Girl Scouts Campaign!
- Have you attended a Service Unit meeting, Day Camp, or Troop Campout at any of our council sites?
- Have you ever gone to a Girl Scout service center to pick up forms, or visit your Girl Scout shop?
- Do you benefit from council publications such as O.N.E.?
- Has your Girl Scout troop attended any Girl Scout events?
- Have you visited our website to see what’s happening, or use the many resources available there?
A Little Bit Goes a Long Way
$12 will pay for a girl’s membership dues for one year
$25 will help underwrite training for girls and adults
$50 will help pay for program materials for a council event
$220 will pay for all services a girl receives as a Girl Scout for one year
If only 10% of our membership families contributed $10 to this campaign, we would raise over $14,000!
Benefits of Making a Contribution Include:
Your tax deductible gift is an investment in the future of our girls.
All troops that participate will be recognized in our annual report, on our website, in our e-newsletter and in O.N.E.
In order for the Friends of Girl Scouts Campaign to be a success, we need participation from as many adults as possible. Any amount of money donated will go a long way to help continue Girl Scout programs for all of our girls.
Every year, GSBDC kicks off the Friends of Girl Scouts Campaign with an appeal to families via a formal mailing and/or an e-blast. You can also call GSBDC directly at (800) 756-7616 to arrange a donation, or simply add the contribution onto an annual Membership Application.
For additional information, please contact Princess Young
, Director of Development at (304) 345-7722, Ext. 1024.