This award recognizes volunteers who have contributed outstanding service while partnering directly with girls in any pathway to implement the Girl Scout Leadership Experience through the use of the National Program Portfolio or who have contributed outstanding service in support of the Council's mission delivery to girl and adult members.
- The candidate is an active, registered adult Girl Scout.
- The candidate has successfully completed a term of service and all requirements for the position.
- The candidate has performed beyond expectations for the position to deliver the Girl Scout Leadership Experience to girls using the national program portfolio, or
- The candidate's performance has been beyond the expectations of the position and has supported the council's mission-delivery goals in one or more of the following functional areas: Membership Development/Community Cultivation, Volunteer Relations and Support, Program, Leadership and Governance, Fund Development, and Council Support Service (such as IT, Customer Service, Merchandising, MarComm).
- The candidate actively recognizes, understands, and practices the values of inclusive behavior.
A nomination form is completed and submitted, along with the appropriate supporting paperwork as defined by the council, to the recognition committee or the appropriate service-delivery team. The recognition committee or service-delivery team approves or denies the nomination.
This award is usually given at Service Unit recognition events. Please allow 3 weeks to receive the pins from the council after submission.
Webform for Volunteerof Excellence Nomination: https://bit.ly/2HAKf0p