1. What are the dates for GIRL Fest?
- The 2021 GIRL Fest is 06/27/21 – 07/01/21. Check-in will be
staggered from Noon to 5 p.m. and check-out will occur from 6 a.m.
to 10 a.m. 0n 07/01/21.
2. Where will GIRL Fest take place?
- GIRL Fest 2021 will take place at ACE Adventure Resort,
located in the heart of the New River Gorge in Southern WV
(about 19 miles north of Beckley, WV off U.S. Route 19.)
- Find more information about ACE Adventure Resort here.
3. How can I register for GIRL Fest 2021?
Troop Registration: Troops must register in proper ratio to
attend the event. To register as a troop, please click here. Once we have received your
information and deposits for each person attending, GSBDC will
provide your contact information to ACE Adventure Resort. ACE will
contact you to make your trip, camping and meal reservations.
Single Girl Registration: The single girl option is only
available to girl members in the Black Diamond Council. Single girls
need to register here. After your deposit is received,
a staff person from GSBDC and ACE Adventure Resort will assist with
scheduling trips, camping and meals.
Single Day Troop Registration: The single day troop option is
available only on 06/29/21. Single Day Troops can register here. After your deposit is received,
a representative from ACE will contact you to make your trip
reservations. You cannot register as a single girl the single day
4. How much are the non-refundable deposits?
Troop Registration: Members registering as a troop will have
a $25 deposit per person.
Single Girl Registration: Due to the extra support needed for
single girls, a $50 deposit per girl is required.
Single Day Troop Registration: Members registering as a troop
for the single day will have a $25 deposit per person.
5. What is the process for receiving the tax exemption status for
- To remove the 6% WV Sales Tax from your reservation, you will
need to submit a “Streamlined Sales Tax Agreement, Certificate of
Exemption”. You will receive that form from ACE as part of the
6. What are the Package options available for the event?
- There are 2 options, for girls and adults attending in
ratio, from which to choose for the event:
- 4 nights of
camping and meals with 3 high adventure activities, plus
waterpark access and Girl Scout program activities
day “Build Your Own” Single Day package is available on Friday,
7. What is the pricing schedule for the event?
- GSBDC Program Fees: The Early Bird Pricing for troops is
$85 per participant. After 01/15/21, the price increases to $125
- ACE Adventure Resort: Participants
will be charged $379 per person for camping, meals and high
Single Girl Registration: This option is only available to
girls in the Black Diamond Council.
- GSBDC Program Fees: The Early Bird Pricing for single girls
is $150 per participant. After 01/15/21, single girl pricing
increases to $190 per participant.
- ACE Adventure
Resort: Participants will be charged $379 per person for
camping, meals and high adventure activities.
Single Day Option (06/29/21): The “Build Your Own” One-Day
package price will vary depending on items selected, plus the
program activity fee. Members must attend in proper troop ratio.
- GSBDC Program Fee: Members must attend in proper troop
ratio and will be charged $50 per participant. There is no early
bird pricing for single day participation.
Adventure Resort: The “Build Your Own” One Day package price
will vary depending on items selected for the single day.
8. What do you mean when you talk about being in proper Adult to
The following listing is the recommended minimum number of adults
needed to chaperone during GIRL Fest per number of girls attending.
If you have a multi-grade level group attending, then default to the
youngest grade level ratios in attendance.
- Adult Supervision. The adult-to-girl ratio is two non-related
adults, including one woman, for every:
- 16 Girl Scout
- 20 Girl Scout Cadettes
- 24 Girl Scout
- 24 Girl Scout Ambassadors
- There should be one extra adult for every additional:
- 1–8 Girl Scout Juniors
- 1–10 Girl Scout
- 1–12 Girl Scout Seniors
- 1–12 Girl Scout
Note: Remember, you might want extra adults to be able to chaperone
the girls on the adventure trips that they choose to sign up for
(ACE Adventure Resort will not let the girls on a trip without
adequate chaperones) and extras to provide chaperone breaks over
this multi-day experience.
9. What does the Girl Scout Program fee cover that is included in
- Shuttle bus transportation for the event.
- Girl Scout
- Girl Scout badge work station
- Special program vendor opportunities
- Special Girl Scout social functions scheduled in the
- Snack provided at the special Girl
Scout social functions
- GIRL Fest Commemorative Event
- Girl Scout Badge (if they earn the requirements at the
station) and/or special participant patches (if they visit the
special program vendor exhibits/stations offered).
event logistical support costs are pro-rated into the price set for
individual participants for the day.
10. What is the Early Bird pricing and when is the deadline for
- The Early Bird pricing provides a $40 discount off the price
per person on multiday package price for reservations reserved by
- That discount brings the girls and adults attending
in proper ratio Girl Scout price to $85/person and the single girl
rate to $150/person. ACE Adventure Resort will have additional costs
and pricing per person.
11. I would like to qualify for the Early Bird pricing. What do I
need to do to lock in this cheaper price?
- The non-refundable deposit for the Early Bird price is due on
01/15/21. Failure to pay the non-refundable deposit by 01/15/21 will
result in the participant losing their Early Bird pricing.
12. What is the non-refundable deposit and Payment Policy for the
- All deposits for Girl Scouts of Black Diamond programming fees
are non-refundable. After 04/30/21, no amounts will be
- ACE Adventure Resort will not refund any activity
or lodging upgrade deposits. However, they will issue a Rain Check
that your troop or single girl can use at a later date.
balance for the reservation is due 04/30/21.
may make payments toward their final bill as often as they would
like to Girl Scouts of Black Diamond Council and ACE Adventure
Resort up until the final deadline of 04/30/21.
13. What other costs and fees are added to the reservation package?
- The New River Gorge National River and Gauley River
Recreational Area are permitted recreation areas by the National
Park Service and regulated by the Department of Natural Resources.
A $3/person, per activity Resource Use Fee is applied to each
- Guide gratuities are not included in the
reservation pricing. They are not required, but always
14. What if I am registering after the Early Bird deadline? How
much will I pay for Girl FEST 2021?
Troop Registration: Girls and Adults attending in ratio will
pay $125 per person after the Early Bird Deadline in programming
fees. ACE’s pricing will not change from $379.
Single Girls: Black Diamond girls attending without an adult
chaperone will pay $190 per person after the Early Bird Deadline.
ACE’s pricing will not change from $379.
15. My troop/I (single girl) is/am planning on attending the
event. When is the final payment due?
- Full payments are due to both Girl Scouts of Black Diamond
Council and ACE by 04/30/21.
- Any reservations made on
04/30/21, will need pay all fees in full with both Girl Scouts of
Black Diamond Council and ACE.
16. What if I am not able to attend the event, but I have made a reservation?
- ALL DEPOSITS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE.
- Cancellations made
prior to 04/30/21 will receive a full refund minus the
non-refundable deposits and 10% administrative fee.
- Cancellations made after 04/30/21 will receive a rain check with
ACE Adventure Resort for the reserved activities. No refunds will be
given by Girl Scouts of Black Diamond Council.
- Registrations can transfer to a new girl if needed.
17. What forms are needed to attend GIRL Fest 2021?
- Health Examination Form for Minors and Adults with proof of
tetanus shot. Must be within 1 year.
- Adult and Minor
- Swim Test Form (Needed if planning to
use the Waterpark, go on Whitewater Rafting, or go on the
Kayak/Stand Up Paddleboarding Trips)
- ACE Adventure
18. Does ACE Adventure Resort have any forms that need completed to
participate in activities at the resort?
- ACE has their own General Waiver and Water Park Waiver forms
that will be sent to you as part of the reservation process.
19. Is ACE open to the public during GIRL Fest 2021? I have safety concerns.
- ACE will remain open to the public during the event for their
general activities. However, Girl Scout camping and event spaces are
separate from the general public.
- The public will not be
allowed to attend half-day and rafting activities that contain Girl
and Adult Members.
- ACE has security personnel at the
Waterpark from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. and 24/7 throughout the resort.
There are a limited number of cameras monitoring the main parking
lot at the resort.
- All activities will have a certified
guide who have received criminal background checks.
waterpark will remain open to the public during the event. However,
the waterpark is gated, and no one can enter without a wristband and
signing a waiver/liability form with ACE.
- Prior to entering
the lake, each person receives a PFD. No one can enter the lake
without going through the PFD station. No one can exit the gate
without turning in their PFD.
- Troops and Girls must remain
in proper adult to girl ratio when they are not at their scheduled
- Anyone under the age of 18 must have an adult
with them during guided trip activities.
20. What grade-level/grade does my Girl Scout have to be to participate?
- Current Girl Scouts who are Juniors, Cadettes, Seniors and
Ambassadors (Girl Scouts in 4th-12th grades) for the 2020-2021 Girl
Scout Membership Year or school year may attend. However, girls
should also have the maturity to handle being away from home and
being in an outdoor environment.
21. Who can participate in GIRL Fest 2021? Can I participate in
- GIRL Fest 2021 at ACE is open to girls from any Girl Scout
Council in the nation, if they are currently in 4th-12th grades
during this current Girl Scout membership year. Participants may
register as a Girl Scout troop/group in proper ratio. Girl Scouts
from Girl Scouts of Black Diamond Council can register as single
- Non-registered girls in the Girl Scouts of Black
Diamond Council jurisdiction can attend the event if they register
as a Girl Member and pay the $25 Girl Membership Fees before the
payment deadlines for the event. Single girls, not attending with a
troop, will be assigned a surrogate leader during the event and will
pay a higher fee.
22. Our Troop has a male leader/assistant leader. Can they attend?
- We love our male volunteers---we appreciate them, like all
volunteers. Male leaders/assistant leaders will have a separate
camping area and bathroom facilities outside of the Girl Scout
camping area and bathing facilities.
- Troops traveling with
a registered male adult member will still need to maintain proper
chaperone ratio in the camping areas.
23. What about a participant’s physical ability?
- There is a lot of physical activity required at the GIRL Fest
due to the nature of High Adventure. All participants, both
individuals and girl/adult members attending as a troop/group,
should be made aware of this aspect of the event. Please select
registered volunteers that can participate alongside their Girl
Scouts in the fun-filled world of high adventure.
- This also
helps to shape shared memories for you and your troop. Discuss all
half-day activities with your troop to determine what are the best
opportunities and the best adult member chaperone to attend those
- You can find videos of ACE’s activities at www.youtube.com and searching for
ACE Adventure Resort.
24. What is the age, height and weight restrictions on the high
adventure activities provided by ACE?
½ Day Activity Options:
½ Day Activity Options:
Zip Lining (70 lbs. - 250
Climb and Rappel
Stand Up Paddle Board (Solo)
Lake Kayaking (Solo)
Lake kayaking (Tandem)
Team Challenge – Low Ropes
Water Park STEM
Team Challenge – High Ropes
½ Day Lower New
½ Day Upper New
25. Will we be served meals at GIRL Fest 2021?
- ACE will be providing all meals for the event, including
breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Lunch will be provided each
morning as a ‘pack-n-go’ option, so the girls will be able to take
it to each activity and not have to return to the dining area during
the day. You should consider bringing an insulated lunch bag for
your lunch while “on the go” to keep sandwiches cool.
daily evening snack will be provided, but we encourage girls to
bring additional snacks. There will be a designated snack location,
so food products can be stored. This area will not have
refrigeration. A designated food storage location is necessary to
reduce the attraction of wild animals. Food can also be kept in
- ACE has additional food for purchase
in the waterpark area and Outfitter’s Store.
- NUTS AND
PEANUT BUTTER ARE PROHIBITED DUE TO ALLERGIES.
- Your first
meal will be dinner on Sunday (06/27/21). A final continental
breakfast will be served on Thursday (07/01/21) morning.
26. I and/or my Girl Scout have special dietary needs. How can this
- Please let us know in advance if you have special dietary
needs and the ACE kitchen will do their best to accommodate
- ACE will take this information during the reservation
process. However, with a specialized diet, such as gluten-free,
keto, diabetic, vegan, we recommend bringing staple foods. We will
do our best to provide adequate storage for those needing
specialized diets due to health restrictions.
27. I would like to register as a single girl. How do I complete
- Girls from Girl Scouts of Black Diamond Council have the
option of registering as a single girl. Unfortunately, we are not
able to open this option to girls outside of council.
will design surrogate troops proper chaperone ratio to meet the
needs of the single girl participant. This surrogate troop will
function as a traditional troop during the event with a surrogate
troop leader and an assistant troop leader.
- The adopted
troop leader and assistant troop leader will follow standard
protocols and policy to ensure the safety of each single girl
28. Only my daughter and one other girl from the troop are
interested in attending. Would we be allowed to register for GIRL
Fest, since we are not in the proper minimum recommended girl/adult
- Participants are strongly encouraged to attend as larger troop
or group with at least the minimum number of adults to girl ratio as
specified in the Safety Activity Checkpoints. That way,
you all can best determine which adults will be attending certain
trips that girls have signed up for. In addition, the adults can be
able to take turns being on chaperone duty during GIRL Fest.
- If a Black Diamond Council member cannot find another troop or
group to join up with to register for GIRL Fest, then you will be
grouped up with others in similar situations for the event by GIRL
Fest Committee, so that we can have the proper overall girl/adult
ratios. This option would only be available to Black Diamond Council
members only. Out-of-council participants must attend as a troop or
group with at least the minimum proper chaperone ratio to be
approved for their travel trip to GIRL Fest by their home
29. How will GIRL Fest programming be organized?
- The Girl Scout specific programming is generally free-flowing.
Participants come and go as they wish, enjoying activities around
the designated event space and the ACE campus each day. However,
there will be certain activities/opportunities that will appear on
each day’s schedule that only occur at a certain time. Some things
are optional; some things are not (like meal times—if you miss
those, you are out of luck). The Flag ceremony starts each morning
at 7 a.m. and quiet time begins in the tent unit each day at 10:30
- ACE will provide you with an itinerary with your guided
activities. Each troop will be scheduled for a specific time to
participate in the activity they choose during the reservation
process. The public will not be allowed on Girl Scout trips. Your
troop must show up at the scheduled time to participate in the
activity on your specific itinerary.
- Those registering
early will have preference over the trip time slots activity
30. What sleeping arrangements are available?
- Camping is included in the base package price, but upgrades
are available at various costs. GIRL Fest attendees can contact ACE
to determine the specific costs of the upgrades. Upgrades include
cabins, platform tents and bunkhouses.
- Girl Scouts and
Adult Members will need to bring tents, sleeping pads and sleeping
bags. An additional fee can be added if troops need to rent tents
and sleeping pads.
- The event space and camping areas will
be closed to the public during the event.
31. Can I park near the campground?
There will be designated parking for those attending the event.
Shuttle services will be available to take Girl Scouts to and from the
main event and camping space. This shuttle service will only be open
to Girl Scouts and Adult Members.
32. What about Bathroom/Showers?
- There will be showers and toilets available to Girl Scouts and
Adult Members throughout the event.
33. What about internet service and cell service?
- There is limited cell phone service at ACE (We understand that
AT&T Cell Service works the best at ACE); however, there are
Wi-Fi services located at the main buildings.
34. Will ACE be open to the public during GIRL Fest?
- ACE will be open to the public during the event. Troops must
maintain ratio during the event. We will have surrogate troops for
girls from Girl Scouts of Black Diamond Council attending as a
- The event space and camping areas will be
closed to the public during the event.
- ACE has security in
place to help protect all participants wishing to engage in
adventurous outdoor activities.
- All guided activities with
Girl Scouts on the trip will be limited to Girl Scouts and Adult
Members who have completed a criminal background check.
35. What if I get injured during the event?
- Girl Scouts of Black Diamond Council will have a First Aid
Station set up at the event to help with minor injuries, such as bug
bites, sunburn or minor scraps.
- In case of an emergency,
local Emergency Services will be used to transport and treat Girl
Scouts and Adult Members attending the event.
remember to complete and submit all required medical and health
forms (must be within year), including the consent to treat.
- Please bring any necessary medical equipment and medications.
All medications must be in the original prescription bottles with
the dosage amounts listed on it. Please have all the necessary
paperwork completed concerning medications and medical devices prior
to the event, so we can better serve you. Please remember Girl
Scouts of Black Diamond Council staff are not trained medical
professionals, and we will have the required First Aiders as
outlined in the Safety Activity Checkpoints.
36. What should I bring to go rafting and participating in guided activities?
- You should check out the “What to Bring” page
on ACE’s website for the most detailed resource.
- You will
also receive a packing and gear list for GSBDC that discuss other
items to bring to GIRL Fest. These informational pieces will be
received as part of a Welcome Email once memberships and Criminal
Back Checks are verified.
37. How do I get to ACE Adventure Resort?
- You will find directions to ACE here. You may lose cellphone service while you
are driving here, so make sure you have a backup.