|Fact 1: The number one reason people don't buy Girl Scout cookies? They were never asked!
- Ask customers for online orders using Cookie Club. Ask your parents for help with email addresses.
- Set up booths in places were lots of people go, like groceries, malls, sporting events.
|Fact 2: Customers buy cookies because they love the taste!
||Open one box (you'll have to pay for that one) and break cookies into small samples on a nice plate. No one can resist!
|Fact 3: Customers are eager for their favorites because they can only buy Girl Scout cookies once a year.
- Ask people to buy a whole case so they have enough for the whole year.
- Give away a large zip-top freezer bag with large purchases. Cookies freeze great!
|Fact 4: Customers buy cookies because they want to support Girl Scouting
||Always tell your customers about your goals. Hang up signs or wear a goal t-shirt.
|Fact 5: Customers like to order cookies from home.
||Have a cookie walkabout.
- Teams sell door-to-door in an assigned area.
- Afterward, gather for a celebration!
- Just for fun, award prizes in categories such as most energy, most cookies sold, best decorated cookie car, etc.
|Fact 6: Girl Scout cookie customers usually buy every year.
||Save your order card for next year so you can return to your customers and ask them again.
|Fact 7: When customers are asked multiple times, they buy multiple boxes.
||Ask, ask, and ask again! When you deliver cookies, as customers if they would like to buy more than they ordered.
|Fact 8: Customers sometimes buy fewer cookies because of diet issues.
||Create a Gift of Caring program. Customers buy cookies that you deliver to a charity or community group. Make booth signs that tell customers about this choice. Create a drop box so customers can see the donated cookies stacking up!
|Fact 9: Customers buy more when you suggest they buy more.
||With a pretty ribbon, tie up three packages to create bundles such as "Chocolate Lovers Pack" or "Classic Bundle." It's fun to give away free handmade gift cards too.
|Fact 10: Customers want to know they are getting a good deal.
||Print out recipes and offer one free when they buy more than one package.