Invest in Girls!
We empower the next generation of leaders— young ladies who will ultimately shape our country’s workforce. These are the girls who will drive innovation and move the benchmark even higher for women in leadership positions. We know that when girls succeed, so does society.
We are inspired and energized by every girl we reach, but we realize there is still MUCH work to be done and we cannot do it without YOU — our INVESTORS. Much of our success is generously supported by others who believe in our mission and we sincerely thank each and every one for their support.
Each year, we recognize and thank all of our investors for the difference you are making in the lives of the 8,500 girls we serve. Whether a corporate sponsor, local foundation, or an individual; we make every effort to recognize your gifts in our Annual Report.
At Girl Scouts, we believe that when girls succeed, so does society. We provide girls with a place to discover their passions, find their voices and make a positive impact in their communities. These girls are building a better world for all of us!
YOU can help us ensure that every girl in our region develops the confidence she needs to thrive. An investment in Girl Scouting is broader than a cause or a cure - it’s a commitment to the next generation of self-sufficient and capable women. YOUR gift can truly make a difference in the life of a girl.
We rely upon YOUR generosity, which enables our council to:
- Keep our programs relevant & activity fees modest so ALL girls can participate.
- Provide leader training to our adult volunteers.
- Maintain & update council properties & camps.
- Provide creative program experiences with girls in a safe & nurturing environment.
- Ensure the safety of our girls via adult volunteer background checks.
YOU can make a difference today! 100% of your gift stays within our council to support local girls.
Every year, Girl Scouts of Black Diamond Council (GSBDC) hosts
multiple events and fundraisers throughout our council
All special events are supported by local corporate sponsors and are organized by a volunteer-driven committee of local business professionals and community leaders. Please consider supporting one of the events in your community. To learn more about sponsorship opportunities, contact Suzanne Goralczyk at (304) 345-7722.
Check out our events section for a complete listing of current fundraising events.
Matching Gifts/Workplace Giving
Double your impact! Do you know if your company will match your gift or donate if you volunteer? Find out now by asking your HR Department if your gift can be matched. If you are already giving the Girl Scouts through your work’s payroll, please let us know so that we can celebrate and thank you for your gift.
Leave a legacy by including Girl Scouts of Black Diamond Council in your estate plans. We invite you to join the Juliette Gordon Low Society of Girl Scouts of Black Diamond Council. As a JGL Society member, you will be invited to attend special recognition and educational events. Other benefits include a subscription to the GSUSA society newsletter, listing as a society member in select publications, access to digital resources and a special membership lapel pin.
If you have already named us as the beneficiary of a planned gift,
please let us know and we will welcome you as a JGL Society member.
If you would like more information about how you can become a member -
in a manner that benefits you, your heirs and Girl Scouts - please contact contact
Goralczyk at (304) 345-7722.
Amazon Smile Program
Support Girl Scouts of Black Diamond Council while you shop!
AmazonSmile has the same products, same prices and save service as the
Amazon you know and will donate 0.5% of your purchase to our council.
Just make sure to start shopping through smile.amazon.com
and designate our council as your charity of choice. Simply click the
banner below to begin your shopping adventure.
Kroger Community Rewards Program
Did you know that you can support Girl Scouts of Black Diamond Council just by shopping at Kroger? Simply register online at krogercommunityrewards.com. Be sure to have your Kroger Plus card handy. Once you are logged into your Kroger Plus card account, simply click on My Account, and click Edit Kroger Community Rewards information. You can either type in Girl Scouts of Black Diamond and search or use our Kroger Rewards #94879 in the search field. Once added, every time you shop at Kroger, THEY will donate a portion to Girl Scouts!
Juliette Gordon Low Society
It took one visionary woman to create the Girl Scouts --- it takes thousands of believers to carry it forward.
The JGL Society was established in memory of our funder, Juliette Gordon Low, to thank and honor friends of Girl Scouts who choose to make us part of their legacy and a beneficiary of their estate plan. The JGL Society celebrates those who have made a contribution of $10,000 or more to the endowment through their estate plans, or as an outright gift.
Everyone has the opportunity to include Girl Scouts in their estate plans and make a big impact. It can begin by simply writing a will, but it can also include changing beneficiaries of life insurance policies and retirement accounts, or providing lifetime income for yourself and others via a charitable trust, or charitable gift annuity.
These gifts are made by a diverse group of donors, across a wide range of ages and income levels, who have one common connection --- a desire to ensure that Girl Scouting makes a strong and vital impact for years to come.
YOU can help us guarantee a legacy of Girl Scouts by joining the JGL
Society today! If you would like more information, please contact Suzanne
Goralczyk at (304) 345-7722.
This year, on Tuesday, December 1, 2015, Girl Scouts of Black Diamond Council is participating in #GivingTuesday, a global day dedicated to giving.
Last year, more than 27,000 organizations in 68 countries came together to celebrate #GivingTuesday. Since its founding in 2012, #GivingTuesday has inspired giving around the world, resulting in greater donations, volunteer hours, and activities that bring about real change in communities. We invite you to join the movement and to help get out and give this December 1. Some ideas include:
- Spread the word about why you support Girl Scouts of Black Diamond on #GivingTuesday via social media (facebook, twitter, youtube) and let the world know why they should too!
- Join the #UNeelfie Campaign. The #UNselfie, or the selfless selfie, is a powerful way to show how you are giving and why giving is important to you. Take a selfie and add a caption or card in the picture explaining how or why you and/or your friends are giving this year. Post it on facebook, Instagram or twitter and be sure to use the hashtags #UNselfit and #GivingTuesday
- Volunteer! We have a wide variety of volunteer opportunities available with flexible hours.
- All girls deserve the chance to learn the invaluable leadership skills that Girl Scouting teaches while making memories and friendships that will last a lifetime. Will you help her? A donation of $15 pays for a girls membership for one year. $50 will purchase her uniform pieces and books. $125 will pay for a girl to go to camp. $220 will pay for all services a girl receives for an entire year.
- #GivingTuesday is so much more than one day in December. Pledge to do more next year. For instance, you can give a certain amount every month, pledge to volunteer every month, or launch a payroll giving program to give back after December.
There are many ways to get involved in #GivingTuesday. We encourage you to join the movement and visit www.givingtuesday.org to learn more about how you can make a difference.