Informal recognition is the day-to-day appreciation—the intangible benefits and heartfelt ways of saying “Thank you.” These sincere expressions of appreciation are based on specific contributions and are given in a timely manner. Informal recognition is powerful and effective because they make people feel valued by a personal touch.
- A Welcome or Thank you card
- Showing interest in the person’s life beyond Girl Scouts “What are you passionate about beyond Girl Scouts?”
- A Shout-out at the Service Unit Meeting or on the Service Unit Facebook group
- Complimenting the person’s work to the Service Team
- Sending a letter of appreciation to the person’s work supervisor/company
- Look her or him in the eye and say, “Thank you so much (name) for (be specific). Your service is invaluable.”